Hexedit A .bsp

Discussion in 'Medal of Honor' started by Silent*Angel, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Silent*Angel Corporal

Contributions:
    Specialties:
    Scripting, Programming
    Processing:
    Graphics:
    Hello guys! I'm trying to make few changes to stock maps but I'm facing some problems...What I'm trying to accompish is to split each map into 2 parts with something like a brush (clip texture maybe) to stop players from crossing between allies and axis base but not stopping bullets. I just got back to the game after many years so I really don't remember much of modding but, correct me if I'm wrong, this cannot be done via scripting, so I'm thinking about hexediting bsp files, what do you think about that? Possible? Would this cause compatibility issues? Any tips would be awesome since that's would be my first time editing compiled files :(
  2. Silent*Angel Corporal

Contributions:
    Specialties:
    Scripting, Programming
    Processing:
    Graphics:
    Nevermind I give up with this idea...even if I`m sure it's possible since one of my old clan mates did it in a couple of maps..honestly it's too hard to accomplish without experience! :/
  3. neillomax Captain

Contributions:
    can't script a player clip?
  4. Silent*Angel Corporal

Contributions:
    Specialties:
    Scripting, Programming
    Processing:
    Graphics:
    Yup that's what I`ve used for a long time but I remember I had some problems with it...anyway I'm facing some problems fixing checksum on bsp and it's taking too long to understand how to manage it..Honestly that work doesn't worth the time since the script runs smooth 99.9% of the time.
  5. neillomax Captain

Contributions: