Looking For My Old Stuff

Discussion in 'Medal of Honor' started by Balr14, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Balr14 Moderator

Contributions:
    PREMIUM
    I Donated
    Hi all, it has been quite awhile. I wonder if anyone can help me locate any of my old maps and textures. I lost them all some time ago and I have a new project I am starting on.
    LeBabouin likes this.
  2. neillomax Captain

Contributions:
    I may have time this weekend or early next week to look through my drive with MOH stuff on it. there's a good chance all that stuff is there. if so we'll make arrangements to e-mail if you want. don't think the upload works here anymore. ( I hate losing stuff - feel your pain )
  3. neillomax Captain

Contributions:
    1 to follow............ were you looking for those .map files? will keep looking. just scratched the surface and found these quick.

Attached Files:

KingShadow and LeBabouin like this.
  4. neillomax Captain

Contributions:
    i'm surprised they uploaded. been a while.............. also, if you have any specific names of maps so I know what I should be looking for.............

Attached Files:

5. Balr14 Moderator

Contributions:
    PREMIUM
    I Donated
    Those are great. Thanks a lot! There was a wild west map I can't recall the name of that I would love to have.
  6. LeBabouin Papio anubis

Contributions:
    Specialties:
    Scripting
    Processing:
    Graphics:
    PREMIUM
    I Donated
    There is one in hitp i'll find a link. Are you back to moh business?
  7. Balr14 Moderator

Contributions:
    PREMIUM
    I Donated
    I kind of am back. I expect to retire at the end of this week. There is a hobby project I wanted to pursue, since I should have the time. If any of you are interested, here is a link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/24796741@N05/. I have been impressed with Micheal Dean Smith's work for a number of years. It just has the feel of the town I grew up in. My only complaint is all of his cars are new. I have been collecting and building model cars for a longtime and I can make them look a lot more "real world" with dents, rust, etc. Plus, most of you know I'm very good with textures. So, my intent was to model the scenes similar to Micheal's pictures. But, I want to create a town you can walk around in. I have gotten pretty good at modeling over the years, too.
  8. KingShadow Corporal

Contributions:
    Specialties:
    Pure Gamer, Support
    Processing:
    Hiya Balr14! Awesome to see you back! I have played a few of your maps over the years :)
    Hope to see some more awesome stuff incoming!

A lot of maps (& mods, tutorials etc.) have been uploaded to the AAAA Database, including yours!
    HERE is a direct link to your maps.
    (If for some reason the link doesn't work, here's the normal custom map page, and you can search via author or title: http://www.mohaaaa.co.uk/AAAAMOHAA/content/map-sort-view)

Here you can find the main database page so you can access the mods, skins, prefabs, tuts etc. as well: http://www.mohaaaa.co.uk/AAAAMOHAA/content/downloads-and-resources :)
    Your Gensurf Tut is included as well http://www.mohaaaa.co.uk/AAAAMOHAA/content/gensurf-tutorial-0

We might have some more of your maps on the site, but some are missing an author, because we couldn't find the author name.. if you find any, please let me know and I'll add your name right away :)
  9. neillomax Captain

Contributions:
    smith's work reminds me of the army tank ( models ) dioramas I used to build back in my early years.
  10. Balr14 Moderator

Contributions:
    PREMIUM
    I Donated
    I can't believe how much of the stuff I used to know in MOHAA, that I have forgotten. In many respects, it's much more difficult to design new levels in MOHAA than for most newer games. I tried doing some maps for newer games, but the size of the maps just makes it take forever. I do like Borderlands and Dying Light, though.
  11. neillomax Captain

Contributions:
    I tried the Crysis map maker and the one for FarCry2. the one for MOHAA you have to build everything. in the new ones everything is already made for you. you only have to build the terrain and click and drag objects into the map.
    the one for Unreal Tounament is the one I hoped I could pick up, but I find it too hard to want to learn another program all over again.
    The "western" style map. haven't found it yet. will plug that drive in over the weekend and look a little bit more. never was a fan of western ( cowboy ) stuff at this particular point in time and may have not even downloaded it. ( i know I did download 1 western map many years ago. not sure who made it or if I even have it if I did ?.
  12. Balr14 Moderator

Contributions:
    PREMIUM
    I Donated
    The philosophy of most newer games is to have one or more modelers creating and skinning all of the objects, including buildings and other structural items. The level designer creates the terrain and adds the objects they need. It speeds up map creation, but it is not for me. Except for some grass and terrain textures, I pretty much do everything myself.

That western map was a masterpiece! I built an open wagon and stagecoach from brushes! I recreated the OK corral from historical documents.
  13. KingShadow Corporal

Contributions:
    Specialties:
    Pure Gamer, Support
    Processing:
    That name rang a bell, and yup, found it!
    http://www.mohaaaa.co.uk/AAAAMOHAA/content/okcorral

Guessing this one is yours? (Couldn't find an author name before)
  14. Balr14 Moderator

Contributions:
    PREMIUM
    I Donated
    Yeah, that's it! That was a lot of fun and a huge challenge to create. Lots of custom textures! Thanks a lot, KingShadow. Of course it's mine. Who else would do something like that?
  15. KingShadow Corporal

Contributions:
    Specialties:
    Pure Gamer, Support
    Processing:
    No problem! :)
    Just added you as author to the page as well!

I just checked the textures folder, jesus christ now that is A LOT of custom textures yeah haha.
  16. [OTD]The_1_Soup_Nazi Corporal

Contributions:
    Yeah That Is A Great Map We've Played It Many Times !!!