Mohaa model skeletons (how they work)

Discussion in 'Modeling & Skinning' started by scorpio Midget, Dec 8, 2002.

1. fubar515034 Private

Contributions:
    Now that helps Scorpian, its a shame you dont come here anymore. You were an asset to this forum.
  2. Chieftain Private

Contributions:
    I hope this doesn't sound too newbie, but how can you detach/remove bones in a model. I have this model that I want to rework, but the bones are whacko. This weapon has 45 bones. I want to remove those bones and replace them with the stock skeleton from the game, but when I try to delete them in LightRay3d, the whole thing disappears.
  3. @(...:.:...)@ Hal

Contributions:
    Specialties:
    Scripting, Textures, Programming
    Processing:
    Graphics:
    PREMIUM
    I Donated
    It may be that there are still verts assigned to the bone, make sure it is completley seperate from the mesh etc. Also you could try exporting it in a format that does not support bones, then re import it.
  4. Bdbodger ***** squatter

Contributions:
    Specialties:
    Scripting
    Processing:
    Graphics:
    PREMIUM
    I Donated
    Select the skin choose edit vertices then select all the vertices and use the reset selected button . After you do that for all the skins you can remove the bones .
  5. Chieftain Private

Contributions:
    Okay, thanks. I've been thinking about it since I posted, and I realized that it's probably just reversing the process that Scorpio explained. Now you've confirmed it for me. Thanks a million. I hadn't realized that the vertices were really the attaching point. Duh! :eek:
    1 person likes this.