World of Tanks - Release

Discussion in 'Hardware and Software' started by Herr Klugscheisser, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Herr Klugscheisser No longer supporting WarGaming

Contributions:
    Specialties:
    Scripting, Support
    Processing:
    Graphics:
    PREMIUM
    I Donated
    Neil you may have hit on something. Around two years ago I started getting lag due to Xfire running in the background (suggested by someone on a forum somewhere). I even stopped playing for a couple months thinking a game patch might resolve the issue which of course never happened.

I tried shutting down processes manually, but no change. What I have found that looks promising is closing programs running in the taskbar that seem unneeded during gaming. I'll have to do more testing, but it does seem to help.
  2. neillomax Captain

Contributions:
    don't use that IOBIT crap. it's maggotware. you'll end up with software intrusions.
  3. barney81 Corporal

Contributions:
    Specialties:
    Scripting
    Processing:
    Graphics:
    PREMIUM
    I Donated
    Well apart from the Swedish line, all i have left is a couple of arties in nearly each tree and the last 2 Jap heavies!
  4. Herr Klugscheisser No longer supporting WarGaming

Contributions:
    Specialties:
    Scripting, Support
    Processing:
    Graphics:
    PREMIUM
    I Donated
    New German Heavies on the horizon. I have over 530k free XP .... I'm not grinding anything.
  5. barney81 Corporal

Contributions:
    Specialties:
    Scripting
    Processing:
    Graphics:
    PREMIUM
    I Donated
    Have you researched all of the tanks? Apart from the low tiers from the Swedish line i have 2 German, 2 russian arty, one British arty, 2 French arty, the US t-92 arty, and the last Jap type 5 heavy, after that i might buy some premium vehicles. since they'll be no reason to grind xp for research.
  6. Herr Klugscheisser No longer supporting WarGaming

Contributions:
    Specialties:
    Scripting, Support
    Processing:
    Graphics:
    PREMIUM
    I Donated
    I only researched the German tree. In fact I only need to rebuy one med to have every German researchable vehicle in my garage. I have a few that are not elite though.

I don't play that many and I have premiums I bought and have yet to run. I did win a Type 59 awhile back ... just another garage queen.